Ecuador Adventure

...A personal adventure to meet the little boy I've been sponsoring in Ecuador for several years, that also turned into a mission trip to bring aid to women and children at El Inca women's prison in Ecuador's capital city of Quito! To those new to blogging, you need to scroll down to bottom to read the first entry (most recent entries are added to the top).

Friday, October 21, 2005

Photos at the Hostal Dona Esther

These few photos show a bit of where I spent my time while based in Otavalo. The arrow in the photo to the right shows, from the interior, where my room was. I took the picture from the walkway on other side (there are rooms on 3 sides overlooking the couryard).

I picked this hotel (from info obtained in advance online) because of the open courtyard in the center, and the cool architecture! I could have chosen any number of places for an even more reasonable cost (like $12/night, instead of $18!!!), but I really felt drawn to this place. It had its own restaurant, too, so I figured I could always "eat in" when I wanted to, instead of always having to leave to find a meal. I was really glad I picked this place -- nice and quiet, nice view of the street from my 3rd-floor balcony (did some great people-watching!), and nice view of the interior courtyard from my door. They also had live music 2 nights, and great food (including hearth-baked pizza).

The photo to the left shows my room, with the balcony overlooking the street below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home